Happy Fall! Sunday is October 1 which means it’s Oktoberfest Season, and two of the area’s most popular festivals are happening this weekend! There’s also tons of Fall Festival fun going on in addition to the other events listed below.
Spend your Friday evening at Crystal City’s Friday at the Fountain. This free event runs from 5 to 9pm and features a free concert and outdoor cash bar. The Jon Miller Band will be performing at this week’s concert.
Fall for Fairfax Kidsfest is Saturday and Sunday at the Fairfax County Government Center. This free event is geared towards families with pre-school and elementary school aged children. It features education programs, activities, entertainment, and more.
Sunday’s Free Book Talk at the Manassas Museum will feature James Gindlesperger who will discuss his book, "Fire on the Water: The USS Kearsarge and the CSS Alabama.” The talk will begin at 1:30
Ft. Belvoir Oktoberfest, Ft. Belvoir, VA – Thursday 9/28 through Sunday 10/1 - Open to the public, admission is free. This Oktoberfest is fun for everyone. There is a huge tent with live German music and performances as well as a full carnival and vendor market featuring crafts, baked goods and more. Sunday is military appreciation day and all active duty military and their dependents can purchase discounted wristbands for carnival rides.
Capitol City Brewing Company Oktoberfest, Arlington, VA – Saturday 9/30 12pm-7pm. Cost is $30 to sample beer or free for those who wish to attend but not sample. Over 65 breweries will take over the Village at Shirlington offering samples of their brews. There will also be live German music, vendors and more.
- Cox Farm – Centreville, VA – Open daily through October 31
- Pumpkin Village – Leesburg, VA – Open daily through November 7
- Cows and Corn – Midland, VA – Open weekends through October 29
- Hartland Farm Fall Festival – Markham, VA – Open weekends through October 29
- Ticonderoga Farm Fall Festival – Chantilly, VA – Open daily through November 5
- Lake Ridge Nursery Pumpkin Patch – Woodbridge, VA – Open daily through October 31
- Burke Nursery and Garden Center Fall Festival and Pumpkin Playground – Burke, VA - Opening day is October 1 then open daily through October 31