Happy May! There’s a lot going on this weekend, it’ll be hard to decide what to do. Don’t forget Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 8th!
- First Thursdays in Del Rey, Del Rey, starts at 6pm. Free outdoor street festival.
- 1st Friday - Downtown Derby, Historic Downtown Manassas, 6pm – 9pm. This event will feature stick horse races on Center Street, derby hat parade, and more. FREE.
- Antique Car Show, Historic Downtown Manassas, 9am – 4pm. Presented by the Bull Run Region of Automotive Club of America (AACA). FREE
- Gardening at Liberia, Liberia House, Manassas, 2pm – 4pm. Explore the historic Liberia House and grounds and get started on your very own garden. Registration required. $10 Adults, $5 children.
- 24th Annual Eagle Festival, Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, 10am – 6pm. A full day of live animal shows, hands on educational opportunities, and outdoor recreation clinics. FREE
- Spring Festival, Gunston Hall, Mason Neck, All Day. Celebrate spring with crafts, garden activities, kite-flying, and food. $10 Adults, $8 children.
- Spring Farm Day, Frying Pan Farm, Herndon, 10am – 3pm. Crafts, hands-on farm activities, demonstrations, and more. $10 advanced ticket, $12 at the door, Under 2 Free.
Children’s Day at the Museum, Merchant Park, Dumfries, 1pm – 2pm. Partake in a scavenger hunt activity featuring the park’s gardens and herbs. Sponsored by Colonial Downs Group. FREE, but tickets required.
- John Robinson Town Square, Jr. Opening Celebration, Arlington, 4pm – 7pm. This event will include a ribbon cutting ceremony, remarks from the County Board and the community, food trucks, live entertainment, free giveaways, programming for kids and more. FREE.
- Spring Art Market, Del Ray, 10am – 4pm: Shop for handcrafted works from local artist. Rain or Shine.
- Living History, Fort Ward, 11am – 4pm: This event features an encampment of reenactors from units such as the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry, Co. B, and the 23rd USCT. FREE, Weather Dependent.
- Fairfax Uncorked Jazz & Wine Festival, Civil War Interpretive Center, Historic Blenheim, 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm. This event will highlight the amazing talent of the Mason Jazz musicians while participants enjoy samples of local Virginia Wines. Tickets required, drinking tickets $25, non-drinking $10.
- Recurring weekly on Sun, Wed, Thr, Fri, and Sat until 6/5/22 SeeWorthy: modeling maritime archaeology exhibit, Torpedo Factory Art Center - A new exhibit from Alexandria Archaeology highlighting the technology used to digitally reconstruct historic vessels. FREE
- Mason Film Festival, George Mason University, Fairfax, Wed 5/4 – Sat 5/7 4pm – 10pm. An annual film festival at George Mason University representing the diverse work of Film and Video Studies students. FREE