Happy Friday! Here’s a look at what’s happening throughout the region this weekend.
Fridays at the Fountain is a free concert and pop-up beer garden in Crystal City that occurs every Friday beginning in May and runs through October. This completely free event is from 5 pm to 9 pm. Food from the area’s favorite vendors will be available for purchase at The Stand. This Friday will feature a performance by Station 1201.
The Rosslyn Cinema – Outdoor Movie Festival is back for the summer. Every Friday at dusk will feature a free viewing of popular movies. The fun starts at 5 pm with games, food trucks, and a beer garden. This Friday’s movie is Casablanca.
Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization is showing free movies Friday at Arlington Mill and Saturday at Penrose Square. Movie Nights start at 8:30 pm.
The Portside in Old Town Summer Festival is this Saturday from 2 to 8 pm in Alexandria. Enjoy live music, hands on arts and history activities, and more. A beer garden and local food will be available. Admission is free.
The Carlyle Block Party is this Saturday from 12 to 8:30 pm in Alexandria. Enjoy live music, activities and more. A beer garden will be on site
Carrlyle House in Alexandria is having a free open house this Saturday from 12 to 4 pm. Huzzah, Alexandria! Huzzah, NOVA Parks! Is a celebration of the founding of Alexandria and the creation of the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority and will feature historical people, games, and a birthday treat! Admission is free, but donations are appreciated.
The Well Ray Del Ray Festival is this Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm in Alexandria. This celebration of health and wellness will feature health screenings, holistic healing, and a variety of free classes including yoga, Pilates, CrossFit, Spin, Barre, and dance. Classes for kids will also be offered so bring the whole family!
Free summer concerts are back! Here’s a list of concerts happening this weekend:
- Mount Vernon Nights, Mason District – Garnet Rogers (Folk). 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Mount Vernon Nights, Grist Mill – Russkie Musikanti (Russian). 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Friday Night Live, Herndon – keeten (90’s Cover Band). 6:30-10:30 pm.
- Summer Concerts on the Green, Vienna – Deja Gruv Band. 6:30 pm.
- Tysons Summer Concert Series, Tysons Corner – ECHOSMITH. 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Arts in the Park, Burke Lake Park Ampitheater – 123 Andres (Children’s Songs). 10:00-10:45 am.
- Arts in the Park, Ellanor C. Lawrence Park – The grandsons, jr. (Children’s Songs). 10:00-10:45 am.
- Arts in the Park, Mason District Park - Fairfax Symphony Orchestra (Children’s Music). 10:00-10:45 am.
- Mount Vernon Nights, Workhouse Arts Center – Groove Train (70’s Disco) 7:00-8:00 pm.
- Cultural Heritage Nights, Ossian Hall Park – Iranian Persian Cultural Heritage Night (Dance/Music). 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Spotlight by Starlight, Mason District Park – Washington Balalaika Orchestra (Russian Folk Music). 7:30-8:30pm.