Happy Friday! Here’s a look at what’s happening throughout the region this weekend.
Fridays at the Fountain is a free concert and pop-up beer garden in Crystal City that occurs every Friday beginning in May and runs through October. This completely free event is from 5 pm to 9 pm. Food from the area’s favorite vendors will be available for purchase at The Stand. This Friday will feature a performance by Bobby Thompson Trio
The Rosslyn Cinema – Outdoor Movie Festival is back for the summer. Every Friday at dusk will feature a free viewing of popular movies. The fun starts at 5 pm with games, food trucks, and a beer garden. This Friday’s movie is Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization is showing free movies Friday at Arlington Mill and Saturday at Penrose Square. Movie Nights start at 8:30 pm. Friday night's movie is The Incredibles and Saturday's showing is Selma.
Lake Fairfax Park in Reston is getting a head start on 4th of July with Fireworks, Food, and Family Fun all day Saturday starting at dawn and ending with a fireworks display around 9:15 pm. Watermine water park will be open from 10 am to 8 pm. Live music will begin at 3:30. Parking is $10 per vehicle.
The Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton is having a 4th of July celebration with live music and fireworks display this Saturday starting at 5 pm. Admission is free, but parking is $30 (cash only).
- Mount Vernon Nights, Grist Mill – Empty Bottle String Band (Old Time String Band). 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Spotlight by Starlight, Mason District Park - King Soul (Southern Soul). 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Friday Night Live, Herndon, Love Seed Mama Jump (Rock). 6:30-10:30 pm.
- Summer Concerts on the Green, Vienna – Sarah Bennett Swanner (Country and Blues Covers). 6:30 pm.
- Tysons Summer Concert Series, Tysons Corner – Tauren Wells (Pop). 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
- Lubber Run Free Concert Series, Arlington - Pops in the Park (Classical). 8:00 pm.
- Arts in the Park, Burke Lake Park Ampitheater – The Goodlife Theater (Puppet Show). 10:00-10:45 am.
- Arts in the Park, Ellanor C. Lawrence Park – Fairfax Symph0ny Orchestra (Children’s Songs). 10:00-10:45 am.
- Arts in the Park, Mason District Park - John Hadfield (Family Show). 10:00-10:45 am.
- Cultural Heritage Nights, Ossian Hall Park – Chinese Cultural Heritage Night (Dance/Music). 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Lubber Run Free Concert Series, Arlington - Signature Theatre "Caberet Under the Stars. 8:00 pm.