Here’s a look at what’s happening this weekend.
Fridays at the Fountain is Crystal City’s seasonal pop-up beer garden that features live music from local bands and musicians. Admission is free, and food and drink are available for purchase. Fridays at the Fountain are every Friday from 5 to 9 pm at the Crystal City Water Park. This week’s performer is Practically Einstein Duo.
Frying Pan Park’s Fall Carnival and Harvest Days is this weekend in Herndon. The carnival runs Friday through Sunday and includes rides, games, and carnival food. Ride tickets are $1 each or 24 for $20. Friday night only, unlimited ride wristbands are available for $20. Harvest Days is Saturday and Sunday and gives visitors the opportunity to participate in various farm activities. Wagon and carousel rides will be offered and are $3 per person.
It's Fall Harvest Family Days at George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate. Learn about 18th century farming while enjoying games, wagon rides, colonial music, and more. Free sightseeing cruises will also be available. Cost is included with admission.
The Middleburg Film Festival is this weekend and features screenings of select films followed by discussions with filmmakers, actors, and other guests. Visit the festival website for screening schedules and tickets.
The 24th Annual Art Safari is this Saturday at the Torpedo Factory in Old Town Alexandria. Kids can participate in a range of activities using different materials. This is a free event, but participants must RSVP online.
The Sugarloaf Craft Festival is this weekend at the Dulles Expo Center. Shop for a wide variety of handmade wares. Admission is $8 online or $10 at the door. 12 and under are free.
Ongoing Fall Festivals:
- Great Country Farms, Bluemont, VA – Open daily through October 31, 2019. Admission is $8/child $10/adult weekdays, $10/child, $12/adult weekends.
- Cox Farms, Centreville, VA – Fall Festival. Opening weekend September 14-15, then daily September 21 through November 5, 2019. Admission prices vary and is higher on peak days.
- Cows and Corn, Midland, VA – Corn Maze. Open weekends through October 27, 2019. Admission $12/person, $10 ages 4-12.
- Hartland Farm, Markham, VA – Fall Festival. Daily through October 27, 2019. Admission $10/person. Pick your own apples at the orchard daily from 9am-5pm.
- Lakeridge Nursery and Garden Center Pumpkin Patch – Woodbridge, VA. Daily through October 31, 2019. Admission $12 per child Monday – Thursday, $15 per child Friday – Sunday.
- Ticonderoga Farm Fall Festival – Chantilly, VA. Open daily through 11/4. Admission $10.95 weekdays, $17.95 weekends.
- Reston Farm Market Fall Festival – Reston, VA. Open daily through November 5, 2019. Admission $10 per person weekdays, $15 per person weekends. 2 and under are free.
- Burke Nursery & Garden Centre Fall Festival – Burke, VA. Open daily through October 31, 2019. Admission $10 per person weekdays, $15 per person weekends. Under 2 are free.
Apple/Fruit Picking – Spend the day picking your own fruit at one of the many orchards that are less than 2 hours away. Be sure to check the websites or call before heading out to check on availability.