Here’s a look at what’s happening this weekend.
Fridays at the Fountain is Crystal City’s seasonal pop-up beer garden that features live music from local bands and musicians. Admission is free, and food and drink are available for purchase. Fridays at the Fountain are every Friday from 5 to 9 pm at the Crystal City Water Park. This week’s performer is Vintage #18
The City of Fairfax is hosting its annual Fall Festival this Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. Visit over 400 booths with arts, crafts, live music, activities, and more. A late-night concert will be held after the festival from 5:30 to 8:30 pm.
The Portside in Old Town Fall Festival is this Saturday at Waterfront Park Old Town Alexandria celebrate the fall season and Alexandria’s maritime history with live entertainment, activities and more. This free event is 1 to 7 pm rain or shine.
It’s the 156th anniversary of the Battle of Bristoe Station this weekend at Bristoe Station Battlefield Heritage Park. Tour a Civil War encampment, watch artillery demonstrations, and tour the site of the final battle that took place in Prince William County. On Saturday evening close to 1,000 candles for every soldier that died at Bristoe Station will be lit. This event will run from 11 am to 4 pm Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated.
Enjoy extended hours at Second Saturday Art Walk at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton from 6 to 9 pm. Meet featured artists and more during this free monthly event.
The annual Clifton Day Festival is this Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm. This festival features arts and crafts, live entertainment, kid’s activities, and more. The VRE will be offering free rides to Clifton with service between the Manassas and Rolling Rd. stations. The return trip is $5 per person, under 2 are free.
Fall for the Book runs through October 12 at George Mason and other nearby locations. Check out the website for a complete list of speakers.
Ongoing Fall Festivals:
- Great Country Farms, Bluemont, VA – Apple Gala & Fresh Cider Fest. Daily through September 29, 2019. Weekday Admission $8/child, $10/adult; Weekend Admission $10/child, $12/adult. Pick your own apples are $1.99/lb.
- Cox Farms, Centreville, VA – Fall Festival. Opening weekend September 14-15, then daily September 21 through November 5, 2019. Admission prices vary and is higher on peak days.
- Cows and Corn, Midland, VA – Corn Maze. Open weekends through October 27, 2019. Admission $12/person, $10 ages 4-12.
- Hartland Farm, Markham, VA – Fall Festival. Daily through October 27, 2019. Admission $10/person. Pick your own apples at the orchard daily from 9am-5pm.
- Lakeridge Nursery and Garden Center Pumpkin Patch – Woodbridge, VA. Daily through October 31, 2019. Admission $12 per child Monday – Thursday, $15 per child Friday – Sunday.
- Ticonderoga Farm Fall Festival – Chantilly, VA. Open daily through 11/4. Admission $10.95 weekdays, $17.95 weekends.
- Reston Farm Market Fall Festival – Reston, VA. Open daily through November 5, 2019. Admission $10 per person weekdays, $15 per person weekends. 2 and under are free.
- Burke Nursery & Garden Centre Fall Festival – Burke, VA. Open daily through October 31, 2019. Admission $10 per person weekdays, $15 per person weekends. Under 2 are free.
Apple/Fruit Picking – Spend the day picking your own fruit at one of the many orchards that are less than 2 hours away. Be sure to check the websites or call before heading out to check on availability.