Happy Independence Day weekend! Here’s where to go for fireworks and more. For more FREE music check out the Summer Concert Series offered by the Fairfax County Park Authority.
Friday, July 1
- Friday Night Live - Town Green, Herndon, VA 6:30pm – 10pm. A FREE outdoor concert featuring Social Call, a high energy “reminiscent rock” band from Eastern Pennsylvania
- Mason 50th FilmFest – Hylton Performing Arts Center, Manassas, VA 7pm. Celebrate Mason’s 50th Anniversary with movies. The 3rd in the series is A League of Their Own. FREE
- Town of Vienna 4th of July Fireworks – Yeonas Park, Vienna, VA 7:30pm – 10pm. An evening of live music, kid’s entertainment, games, and fun for the whole family, followed by fireworks at 9:30.
- Star Spangled South Riding – South Riding Golf Club 5:30 – 9:30. This event starts with a bike (or wagon, stroller, car) parade followed by live music and fireworks. Food vendors will be on site.
Saturday, July 2
- Celebrate Independence Day – Lake Fairfax Park, Reston, VA Dawn – 10pm. Spend the day at the Water Mine Water Park and finish it off with fireworks at 9:15. Food trucks will be onsite throughout the day and all picnic areas will be offered on a first-come-first served basis. $10 in advance, $15 at gate.
- Independence Day Celebration – Langley HS, McLean VA 6:30pm – 10:30pm. Enjoy music, food and fireworks. Shuttles will be available at McLean Community Center, Churchhill ES, and St. Luke Church. FREE
- Workhouse Arts Center Fireworks – Lorton, VA 6pm. Live performance by Mark G. Meadows followed by fireworks. Tickets required.
- Red, White & Blue Bike Parade and Puppet Show – Franklin Park Arts Center, Purcellville, VA 7pm-8:30pm. Bring your family to the Patriotic Parade featuring your decorated bicycles & wheeled items. Prizes will be awarded and free snow cones to enjoy at the end. Families can then picnic on the lawn and watch Beale Street Puppets: Barrel of Monkeys. FREE
- Landsdowne Celebrates America – Leesburg, VA 5pm – 9pm. Live music, food trucks and fireworks! Resort guest only.
Sunday, July 3
- July 3rd Independence Day Celebration – Community Center, Lovettsville, VA 5:30pm – 9:15pm. A parade, swimming, and fireworks.
Monday, July 4
- Celebrate America – Historic Downtown Manassas, VA 3pm – 10pm. Rides for the kids will start at 3, followed by face paint, a caricature artist, food vendors, contests and more. The celebration will end with fireworks at 9:15pm. FREE
- 4th of July Celebration - Bready Park softball field, Herndon, VA 6:30p-10pm. A family-fun event featuring live music, family games, bingo, food vendors selling dinner and dessert items, and more, ending with fireworks. FREE
- An American Celebration – Mount Vernon Estate, Alexandria, VA. Meet George Washington, watch made for daytime fireworks, witness a naturalization ceremony, listen to 18th century music and more. Included with cost of admission.
- 4th of July Hometown Celebration and Parade – Village Centre, Great Falls, VA 9am – 12:30pm. Start the celebration with a 5k Walk/Run (registration required). Watch parades followed by festivities, food and fun at the Village Centre Green. FREE
- Fireworks Display – Turner Farm, Great Falls, VA 9pm. Show will begin when the sun sets. FREE
- City of Fairfax Independence Day Parade and Celebration – Historic Courthouse, Fairfax, VA 10am. The parade steps off at 10 a.m. at 4100 Chain Bridge Road, rain or shine. The parade loops around Old Town Fairfax, along Chain Bridge Road, Main Street, University Drive, and Armstrong Street. The fireworks will be the following evening from 6:30pm – 9:30pm at Fairfax High School.
- Independence Day at Franklin Park – Purcellville, VA 5pm – 10pm.
- Independence Day Celebration – Downtown Leesburg, VA. Start the day with a parade at 10am. The parade will start at Ida Lee Park, travel down King Street and conclude at Fairfax Street. At 6pm enjoy a concert followed by fireworks at Ida Lee Park.
Allison Baker, Realtor
Key Home Sales & Management
6215 Old Keene Mill Court
Springfield, VA 22152
703-913-1300 | www.keyhm.com