Getting an Application Approved
Things you should know about how we process rental applications:
Our application fee is $50 for any occupant 18 years of age or older. We require an earnest money deposit equal to one month of rent with our applications. Personal checks are fine – all payments made payable to: Key Home Management. Applications will not be processed without these payments.
All applications for a rental property are first screened to make sure -
- The start date will work (if it’s more than a month away, the owner must first agree to accept that date before we process the application)
- Any pets mentioned on the application will be accepted (must verify with owner)
- All contingencies are agreed to by the owner
- Annual income stated on the application(s) meets our minimum requirement (general rule is 40x rent)
- Applicant(s) know that smoking is NOT allowed in any of our properties
All applications received will be considered and all processed applications will be presented to the owner for consideration.
Reasons an application might be rejected —
- Poor credit history and low credit scores.
- Prior bankruptcies and judgments – MAY be overlooked if subsequent years of credit history demonstrates on-time payments
- Criminal, sex offender, terrorist watch list, or other “hits” from the record search
- Negative rental history information (late pay, not released from current lease, failure to give proper notice, prior eviction, etc.)
- Unable to verify employment as stated on application or insufficient household income
- Debt to income ratio too high
- Insufficient evidence of stable employment (not employed long enough, gaps in employment history, no proof of current job status)
- Offering less than full price or asking for modifications at owner’s expense ( might make the application appear less favorable if multiple applications are received)
- Multiple applications offered – we will present all to the owner for him/her to select from
- False, misleading or incomplete information
We do NOT discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, family status, or disability.